- A payment gateway is operational on this website. Therefore any credit card details supplied will be charged instantly, should the transaction be successful the reservation will be confirmed and the deposit posted onto your reservation.
- All major credit cards will be accepted.
- Charges and refunds will always be processed in South African Rands.
- Credit cards are the only form of payment accepted.
- The card used to make a reservation must be presented at time of check in along with valid identification.
- Payment in respect of other services rendered by City Lodge shall be payable by you on departure from the hotel in question.
- Comments and queries with regard to payments should be emailed with full detail to the relevant hotel concerned with the booking.
- You agree that this transaction constitutes an electronic transaction as defined in the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 2002 (as amended) and that a binding agreement has been concluded between City Lodge and you in terms of which you authorize the City Lodge hotel at which a reservation has been made to deduct from, or to debit, the credit card the amount owing for services rendered or to be rendered and that your written signature shall not be required for authorisation purposes.
- All accommodation provided in terms of any reservation made on this website will be subject to the standard City Lodge terms and conditions of residence of the City Lodge hotel concerned. By clicking the "Payment Policy" button, you signify and accept all terms and conditions contained in this website.
Rate information and availability
- Rates on offer on this site are only available in respect of online bookings.
- Rates are subject to availability, possible fluctuations over special events or peak periods and are subject to review. Rates indicated for a "double per person sharing" are based on two persons sharing a room and are charged per person sharing per night unless otherwise stated.
- Rates are for accommodation only, are subject to a 1% tourism levy, are inclusive of VAT are nett and non-commisionable and do not include any meals.
- You will be charged for the accommodation and 1% tourism levy for the original reservation that is processed online at the time of making the reservation. Any amendments to the original reservation resulting in changes to your accommodation charge will be processed according to policies in points 4 or 5 below.
- Certain special promotions carry their own rates and terms and conditions, which apply accordingly.
Peak periods and non-peak periods
- City Lodge distinguishes two different periods with regard to refunds for cancellations and amended bookings determined as "peak periods" and "non-peak periods"
- Peak Periods are as follows:
- All Courtyard hotels, City Lodge, Town Lodge and Road Lodge hotels based in cities and towns across the country that are situated on the coast ("Coastal Hotels") over Christmas and New Year.
- Non-peak periods are those that fall out of the above peak periods. Should your booking span both a peak period and non-peak period, the peak period conditions will apply.
Payment terms and conditions for bookings during non peak times
- If a reservation is extended online the hotel will take payment in respect of the additional accommodation charges at the time of check-in.
- If you reduce the number of nights stay and the arrival date is within 14 days of arrival, any refund that may be due will be processed at the time of check-out from the hotel.
- If you reduce the number of nights stay and the arrival date is more than 14 days from arrival, the refund for the reduced number of nights will be processed by the hotel within 7 days of you informing the hotel and no additional penalties will be incurred. In such event you are required to e-mail the details of the change to the relevant hotel for processing, failing which your refund will not be processed and the initial payment processed will reflect on your account at time of check in.
- Should you cancel your reservation prior to 12 midday on the day of arrival you will be refunded within 7 days of the cancellation process.
- Should you cancel your reservation after 12 midday on the day of arrival you will be charged for the first night`s accommodation and the remainder nights will be refunded by the hotel within 7 days. Please ensure you email all required details to the respective hotel.
- In the event of a 'no show' you will be charged for the first night`s accommodation and the remainder nights will be refunded by the hotel within 7 days. Please ensure you email all required details to the respective hotel.
Payment terms and conditions for bookings during peak times - extension on nights stay
If you extend your original reservation online and prior to your check-in, the hotel will take payment in respect of the additional accommodation charges at the time of check-in.
Payment terms and conditions for bookings extending over peak and non-peak times - cancellations and reduction of nights stay
- Should you cancel or amend your reservation that extends over both a peak and non peak period the provisions of clause 21 above will apply, with the necessary changes, to the non peak period portion and the provisions of clauses 22 and 23 above will apply, with the necessary changes, to the peak period portion of your reservation.
Confirmation of reservations
- If a transaction is authorised by the bank you will receive on screen confirmation of your reservation.
- Should the transaction be declined by the bank, you will receive notification of this on screen and no reservation will be held for you at the hotel.
- On confirmation of a reservation on screen, an e-mail and sms (providing you have supplied a cellular number) will be generated and dispatched to you. The e-mail address provided by you will be used to send the confirmatory e-mail. Only South African mobile phone numbers will be sent the confirmation by sms. It is advised that you print the confirmatory e-mail and present same to the hotel at time of check-in.